The Little Theatre of Dallas was founded in Dallas in 1920 to provide the city with quality theatre performed by non-professional actors from the community and reflects the many facets and stages of the organization from its inception to its final demise in the late 1950s.
The Little Theatre of Dallas collection consists of a wide variety of materials including clippings, correspondence, documents, programs, scripts, and photographs that give specific information about the group throughout its existence. The correspondence gives insight into the Little Theatre and particularly into the lives of its directors, board members, and notable performers, such as Julia Hogan (later Mrs. Goodrich Fenner). The Little Theatre of Dallas Collection consists of 18 linear feet of material stored in 36 archival boxes.
Please take a look at the detailed finding aid available through Texas Archival Resources Online.
Image: Courtesy of McCord/Renshaw Collection on the Performing Arts, Bywaters Special Collections, Hamon Arts Library, Southern Methodist University